A very important and fruitful meeting took place between Prof. Dr. Roland Zisi, Rector and representatives of University “Ismail Qemali” Vlore, with Mr. Krasimir Bogdanov and parliamentarians from various Bulgarian parties.
Mr. Bogdanov and the parliamentarians who participated in this meeting are the working group in the Bulgarian Parliament for Bulgaria-Albania friendship.
Initially Mr. Bogdanov:
- Thanked for the visit and was very enthusiastic about the meeting that was being held.
- Inform the UV group about the affairs that develops the group formed in the Bulgarian parliament.
- He deeply praised the recognition of the Bulgarian minority in Albania and the Albanian parliament voting.
- Emphasized the friendship and good relationship between the two states that are at their peak moment.
- Underlined his interes for Albania and Albanians, emphasizing the assistance that he personally, but also the Bulgarian Parliament have given to Albanians in Bulgaria (especially students).
The Rector, Prof. Dr. Roland Zisi, opened the meenting on behalf of the UV representatives, thanking for the warm welcome of Mr. Bogdanov.
Prof. Dr. Roland Zisi:
- Informed him about the visit of the UV group in Bulgaria (A very important meeting between University “Ismail Qemali” Vlore and the University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy of Sofie.This meeting was very fruitful in which many important issues were discussed).
- Informed about the signing of the cooperation agreement between 2 (two) Universities ( University “Ismail Qemali” Vlore and the University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy in Sofia).
- Emphasized the ties and good relations that the two countries have an have had in the past, mentioning the crowning of the king of Bulgaria in Bylis (King Boris III of Bulgaria, Albanian speaker and friend of the Albanians of that time).
- Let them known about the meeting that took place in UV for the Bulgaria’s Independence Day (Bulgaria’s Ambassador, Dimitar Arnaudov, in cooperation with University “Ismail Qemali” Vlore, organized a ceremony where was discussed about the origins of relations between the states and the assistance of Bulgaria on the path of our country towards the European Union).
- Informed them on the discussions that UV has with other Bulgarian universities on co-operation agreements.
- Emphasized the main purpose of the UV (internationalization), appointing that Bulgaria and the Bulgarian Universities are a strategic partner for achieving this goal.
Prof. Dr. Zisi, before concluding the speech, congratulated them on the difficult challenge that Bulgaria has in the first six months of 2018 on receiving the European Union presidency and invited them to Vlora for a visit.
Bogdanov thanked Rector Prof. Dr. Roland Zisi for the invitation he kindly accepted it.
Finally, all the members of parliament who participated in the meeting highlighting the good relations between the two states and providing us with their assistance in contacting and concluding of agreements with the Bulgarian HEI.
On the part of the UV, Ph.D. Enkelejd A. Mehilli, Prof.Asoc.Hajdar Kiçaj, Dr. Eva Çipi continued the speech by thanking for the warm hospitality and analyzing some of the results of the Sofia visit and explaining the further steps of these relation.