Subject of the Workshop: “TAIEX Workshop on Building Mechanisms for Better Participation in Horizon 2020”.
The National Agency for Scientific Research and Innovation (NASRI), in cooperation with the Technical Assistance Information Exchange Instrument (TAIEX) experts and the academic and administrative staff of University “Ismail Qemali” Vlora organized on 6 – 7 November 2017 the Seminar on “TAIEX Workshop on Building Mechanisms for Better Participation in Horizon 2020”.
The seminar aimed to increase the capacities of the academic and administrative staff of University “Ismail Qemali” Vlore for the successful participation in the project proposals of the EU Framework Program Horizon 2020, as one of the most important programs that finance the research. Presentations held by TAIEX experts focused mainly on aspects related to the management of these projects, as well as on communication and propaganda methods to increase the level of stakeholder participation and stakeholder partnerships for these projects. The rules for participation, information on the Model Grant Agreement H 2020 and the employment contract requirements were illustrated along with practical examples and best practices from the EU countries presented at this event.
Specifically, the offered training enabled the academic and administrative staff of our University to strengthen information and knowledge on the “Participant Portal”; ways of finding partners; drafting and writing of winning projects in H 2020; financial statements; Amendments to the Grant Agreement etc.
Also during the training were presented financial aspects of the Horizon 2020 projects as; Financial Reports of Horizon 2020 Projects, Horizon 2020 Project Auditing, Personnel Costs etc.
The workshop’s work program, which lasted 2 (two) days, was based on the following topics:
- General presentation of the Horizon 2020 program and opportunities it presents.
- How to prepare a successful proposal for the Horizon 2020 project.
- Presentation – from the work program to the evaluation of the proposal.
- Presentation and evaluation process.
- The implementation and financial management of Horizon 2020 projects.
- Amendments to the Financing Agreement.
- Financial Reporting of Horizon 2020 projects
- Horizon 2020 audit
- Personnel expenses
- Financial Opportunities in the framework the Marie Skłodka-Curie Action program – MSCA (including individual scholarships – Individual Fellowship IF 2017)
- How to apply a successful MSCA project.
- How to Submit an IF Proposal.
- How is the MSCA project assessed, tips and tricks for a successful proposal
- Legal and financial aspects of the Marie Skłódavec-Curie Action program including contractual aspects, project reporting.
Referrals were held by European Commissioner for Evaluation of Horizon 2020 Projects and Scientific Research Points at the Scientific Research and Innovation Agencies:
- Ms Darija Valančič, Slovenian NCP in Horizon 2020 – Legal and Financial Issues, Ministry of Education, Science and Sport
- Ms Sandra Vidović, Croatian Horizon 2020 National Contact Point for Marie Skłoda-Curie Actions, Agency for Mobility and EU Programs
- Margot Bezzi, Senior Project Manager, Innovation Policy Expert, Italian Agency for the Promotion of the European Research (APRE)
- Ms. Elli Stepanovic, Senior Project Manager, Expert for International Cooperation Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG).